Each year, Weiss & Paarz will award a $1,500 Local Law Scholarship to a student starting or continuing law school specifically in the New Jersey, Philadelphia, or Delaware region. This includes law schools at (but is not limited to): Rutgers University, Drexel University, Temple University, the University of Delaware, the University of Pennsylvania, Villanova University, and Seton Hall University.
Weiss & Paarz is a law firm that exclusively handles medical malpractice cases. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and other staff members are committed to helping victims of catastrophic injuries that might have been prevented. Much like how we never let a client’s financial restrictions stop them from achieving justice, we strongly believe that students should not be deprived of an opportunity to be successful due to a lack of finances. We are particularly interested in individuals who plan to become lawyers practicing in New Jersey and/or Philadelphia. We are confident in the youth of America’s ability to make our world better through strong character development, community enrichment, and higher education.
We are thrilled to announce the first year of this exciting $1,500 local law scholarship opportunity. Scholarships will be awarded each year to a student who demonstrates all of the following qualities and characteristics:
- Financial need
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strength in the face of adversity
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to the local community and charitable giving
- Ability to lead others
- Overall moral character
Students must submit their application by e-mail to Sarah Weiss Rozalis at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.03.18. All applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume listing work experience, educational background, and high school and college grade point average and class rank, if applicable;
- Personal Statement, which includes a description of your career goals and what you plan to use the scholarship funding for (2 pages maximum);
- Confirmation of enrollment in an ABA-accredited law school in the New Jersey / Philadelphia area or a copy of your current student ID; and
- Copy of your state ID or driver’s license