Need Help? Call Now


The Patient’s Advocate

W&P’s Medical Malpractice Blog
Contact our legal team

Do I Need a Lawyer if I Was Injured by a Doctor?

Posted in Blog, Medical Malpractice on August 15, 2008

In a word – yes. It is in your best interest to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney if you have been injured by a doctor, dentist, or other health professional. A malpractice attorney will review the facts of your case, apply the law, and give you an evaluation of the strength of your case and your chances of success based on their experience.

It is crucial that you know if you have a valid case, and what your case is worth. An experienced malpractice attorney will be able to determine this. It is common that the doctor’s medical malpractice insurer may offer some settlement money, but the sum will be far less than what they would offer knowing a lawyer is threatening a lawsuit. An experienced medical malpractice attorney knows the insurance defense lawyers and medical malpractice insurers in your area, and will have a far greater chance of increasing your recovery.

An experienced malpractice attorney will know who and when to sue, what legal arguments will be the most effective and beneficial for your case, how to gather proper evidence for your case, the strength of your case, what papers to file with the court and when to file them, how to manage court fees, your chances for settlement, and how to bring your case to trial should it get to that point. An experienced attorney will also know how to handle the attorneys for whatever health care defendant you end up suing.

If you live in New Jersey or the Philadelphia metropolitan area, and believe you may have a medical malpractice case, contact attorneys Weiss & Paarz today to arrange a consultation.

Do I need a lawyer if I was injured by a doctor? Medical Malpractice Blog



Answers may only be a phone call away.

Call 1-800-952-8444

or fill out our web submission form and our team will contact you to evaluate whether we can help with your potential claim.


    Skip to content