There is perhaps nothing worse than losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. Just knowing that the death could have been avoided is often too much to bear. Many people are not aware of how many lives are lost each year due to medical mistakes. These claims are known as wrongful death claims. Medical malpractice and medical negligence statistics for the United States are astounding:
- There are an estimated 12,000 deaths each year due to unnecessary surgery
- There are an estimated 7,000 deaths each year due to medication errors
- An estimated 80,000 people die each year due to infections they acquired while in the hospital
- An estimated 20,000 people die each year due to other general medical mistakes
Some of the most common forms of medical malpractice and wrongful death are:
- Surgical malpractice
- Emergency room errors
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Misdiagnoses of heart disease
- Birth injuries
The New Jersey medical malpractice attorneys at Weiss & Paarz, P.C. have handled countless medical malpractice cases for residents in and around New Jersey, and we can help you, too. Medical malpractice cases are complicated, time-consuming, and difficult. We have the knowledge, experience, and diligence to get you the compensation you need and deserve following the loss of a loved one due to a medical mistake.
Please contact our New Jersey medical malpractice law office today to schedule your confidential, no-cost consultation today.